Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Song-Typewriting...


I really really really love typewriters.

Mine's called Louanne. I'm not sure how old she is, but she's amazingly adorable.

Writing songs on typewriters is the best. Here's one I prepared earlier:

irony spills from your blackened tongue

the ice never melted

and the stars always shone


the faces of the people you never knew

fake their broken smiles

and revere over you


the carcrash dreams were never forgotten

and the broken seams were only cotton

because the world got the better of humanity

forever is just a waste of time

and the calendar's bet on a rugged dime

perhaps we're all just caught up in our vanity


heart-broken eyes say a million words

read me your story

throw the rest to the birds


dainty delusions aren't all what they seem

you're no good at hiding

your fraudulent scheme


well the cracked mirror never told you otherwise
so you stood and you stared 'til the world burned down your eyes
dressed up in screams is the worst kind of disguise
so I'll see you in red 'til we say our last goodbyes


See that lack of grammar, Frances!


Toodlepip,

Christie xo

3 comments:

Frances said...

Thanks Christie!

I love the typewriter. I in the process on trying to get one myself, I think they're so great.

Thank you so much for sharing a piece of writing with us, it's fantastic.

I love your line 'the broken seams were only cotton'. I can't even explain why, it just stood out.

Frances

Christie said...

Thanks Frances, I'm glad you liked it :)

Hahah, yeah, that line is one of my metaphorical-synonyms tricky things. Synonym for split? Break.


And I now have TWO typewriters. My new one's called Betsy.

Frances said...

Ooooo you name your typewriters!? What a good idea. I wonder what I shall call mine? It would have to be a female name, I think... or maybe I could be subversive and choose a boy name. I'll think about it.